Thursday, January 6, 2011

my best friend

"faith, hope and love remain, but the greatest of these is LOVE."

This is dedicated to my other half, the man I desire to spend the rest of my life with. The one who I fell for four years ago and who still has my heart today. Benjamin Clark. The name itself does something to my heart. Are then any words to express thanks to God for the most abundantly fantastic blessing I could have been given? A man who believes in me, supports me, and loves me beyond measure. Yes, he is only human, but before meeting him I never knew such wonderful men existed.

Love is something uncomprehendable. What makes you fall head over heels for someone and desire to spend your life trying to make their life better? Where does this supernatural force come from which draws you to someone so forwardly that your life goal is to pursue their happiness? Love is selfless. It makes you a servant...a blind servant. One who serves despite living conditions or financial situations. You are bonded to one other person strongly enough to take risks and make spontaneous decisions as long as it benefits the other individual.
This is extravagently against human nature. We are selfish, self motivated human beings who are driven to survive and we do all we can to be at the top, be the best and to trample all who get in our way. So where does the upside down law of love come from? A law that puts you and your wants/needs last? An attraction that makes that person perfect in your eyes despite flaws that in the end just make then more lovable. Who knew that after fours years I would still be deeply in love with this man and still get those wonderful butterflies in my stomach knowing he is going to call.
This is my Ben...selfless, loving and uncomparably incredible. Making me feel as if I am the only woman alive. If I could give him the world I would, but sadly that cannot be offered. So I will spend my life loving him, supporting him, laughing with him, crying with him and inspiring him. I am so excited for my life with Ben and if I can be to him half of what he is to me in life I will be ecstatic!
Benjamin, this is to you...I love you, forever and always sweetheart.

No comments:

Post a Comment