Thursday, January 6, 2011

thanksgiving inspirations

Feeling the sun warm my skin and the breeze bring out the goose bumps is an extraordinary sensation. Both occur simaltaneously yet the consitant warmth always overpowers the varying rush of cool air. Alex feels the same but from a different perpective, from his wheelchair. From a perspective of countless surgeries, incapacitating pain which would usually whip a smile of most anybody's face. Yet all my memories of Alex are as far from this assumption as possible. I'm sure behind closed doors the tears of frustration and questioning have fallen, yet the courage and strength to show joy at any other time takes immeasurable thankfulness. The thankfulness to be alive.
I can take part in life in whole way, to never have to struggle for my physcial life. But it seems gratitute fades the stronger the body becomes. We have less appreciation for life itself, contintually pondering tomorrow and therefore not noticing the beauty that is today.
Today the leaves are goldends and rouges, tomorrow they may fall, making you wait an entire year for the autumn beauty to reoccur. Today I can walk for kilometers in wooded areas and down crowded city sidewalks, tomorrow I may be confined to my bed. Today I can speak freely o fmy faith and read God's Word in the presence of His creative beauty. Tomorrow we may not have the opportunity to see the sunshine of day during our underground servies.
Today I can think, write, run, observe natures miracles and take part in almost anything my heart desires...so while I have today I will do those things, take those chances.

For the trees are only this shade for a month of two and the sun will bring warmth over the breeze for a few more weeks. I am blessed with breath today...

No comments:

Post a Comment