Thursday, January 6, 2011

this is our God

So what is your god? Does your tv do the trick? Does it refresh you and fill you with joy? Oh I know, what about your friends? They give you joy right, but do they speak truth at all times and comfort you when you are completely alone? One more guess, the parties and drunkness that goes on weekend after weekend. Not remembering what happened and wondering if you did something you would regret? Or maybe you just love the thought of doing the same thing every weekend with the same people? Am I close? Well, there are so many things or people in your life that you could make a god. Anything at all. Fashion, movie stars, your parents, boyfriend/girlfriend, your bank account, yet do any of them 100 % satisfy you? Do you have full confidence that with only that one god in your life you could live an abundantly happy, fulfilled life?
Let me share a tad about my God...about who I have devoted my entire life to. My God is my Father. I am His child and He holds me during every moment of my life. He is the comforter or all the weary and weak. He heals those who call on His name. He radically changes lives and heals bodies so that the blind can see the glories of His creation and the deaf can hear the chirp of the sparrow that He watches over.
My God turns drug dealers and murderers into loving Christians who no longer depend on eartly pleasures but on my God. He melts the hearts of the most vicious rulers and comes to the rescue of His most humble followers.
My God turns any terrible situation out for good. He takes what the devil means for harm and brings forth blessing and growth through it.
My God created me and you. He formed us and planned for His son to die for us while we were still mocking Him and spitting in His face. My God left heaven to become a meer human being. To walk here and be tempted so that we can now call on Him and He knows exactly what we are struggling with.
My God raises souls from the dead and casts the enemy out of man's body.
My God speaks to me through His Holy word and through all circumstances. I hear Him as the breeze caresses my face and in the silence before storm.
My God guides me, directs me and holds me upright. I do not live in shame or condemnation for my God has saved me.
My God desires to spend time with me, desires to talk to me and desires for me to worship Him. My God loves to see me dance, delights in my singing and is overjoyed when I praise Him for all the magnificent things He has done.
My God is better then your god...

No comments:

Post a Comment